Friends, in today’s article we are going to see How to Delete Telegram Account Permanently. Telegram is quite popular since its launch in 2013. These days you will have many privacy-centric messaging apps in the market which include WhatsApp, Signal, and many more but in the last few days. The years have not been good for Telegram, especially with regard to its famous privacy service.
When the news broke that Telegram does not use end-to-end encryption by default, people had second thoughts about using the app. If you are looking for ways to delete your Telegram account on different devices, then through this article we are going to give you all this information, you just have to follow the steps given below.
How to Delete Telegram Account Permanently from Android?
For mobile users, Telegram App does not provide a direct way to delete their Telegram account. For that, you have to go through the deactivation process. It works through Self-destruct option available on Telegram Android App. You can select the time frame, On the basis of which your Telegram account gets disabled. After this, all your contacts and messages will be gone forever.
Below are the steps to delete Telegram account on Android:
Step 1- First of all, you have to open the Telegram App on your Android phone and after opening the App, you have to go to the option of “Settings”.
Step 2- After going to the setting, more new options will come in front of you, in which you have to click on the option “Privacy and Security”.
Step 3- After that, you have to scroll down below you, will get an option or ask you the reason for why you want to delete the account, and on that, you will see written “Delete My Account” you have to click on it.
Step 4- As soon as you click on Delete My Account, your Telegram Account will be closed by Telegram for 6 months as soon as you click on Delete My Account.
After doing this, if you do not use the Telegram account for the selected time frame, Telegram will permanently delete your account on Android.
How to Delete Telegram Account Permanently from iPhone?
Steps to Permanently Delete Telegram Account on iPhone Follow the steps given below to delete Telegram Account from iPhone.
- Open Telegram on iPhone and go to Settings.
- After going to Settings, click on Privacy and Security.
- Submit a Reason for why you want to delete the account and on that, you will see a written “Delete My Account” you have to click on it.
- Click on 6 Months to get more options.
- If you choose 6 months option and do not open your Telegram application for 6 months then your account will be permanently deleted by Telegram.
How to delete Telegram Account Permanently with the help of a web browser?
Friends, if you use the Telegram application, then you must know that it takes 6 months to delete the Telegram account, but if you want to delete the Telegram account quickly, then you can use Web Browser for this.
Using this method, you can delete your Telegram account from both PC or mobile phone, for this, you have to first open the Telegram deactivation page on your mobile phone or PC.
After opening the deactivation page, you have to enter your mobile number there, remember you have to select your country code before entering the mobile number, after that you have to click on NEXT.
- Now, you will get an alphanumeric code on Telegram mobile app.
- Enter the alphanumeric code to sign in to your Telegram account.
- After that from the Telegram core section, click on the delete account option.
- After that Telegram will ask you why you want to delete your account, you also have to select a region and click on “Delete My Account”.
Telegram will once again ask you if you definitely want to delete your Telegram account If you still want to proceed, click on Yes, Delete my account to end your association with Telegram.
How To Deactivate Telegram Account Temporary?
There can be many reasons to delete Telegram Account Temporary but many people do not know how to Deactivate Telegram Account Temporary, then if you also want to Deactivate your Telegram Account Temporary and you do not know that how to Deactivate your Telegram then follow the steps given below.
- To Temporary Deactivate Telegram, you have to first go to “Settings”.
- After that click on “Privacy & Security”.
- After this, the option of “Delete My Account” will come in front of you, you have to click on it.
After that, for the number of days you want to keep your Telegram account Temporary Deactivate, you have to select, and next, your Telegram account will be Temporary Deactivate for that number of days.